The Sims 3 Alpine County
Exclusive to The Sims Catalog
Description: Large American metropolis with sprawling suburbs, golf course, forest, countryside and mountains in a Texan terrain.
Custom Content: None
Store Content: None
Stuff Packs: None
Welcome to Alpine County!
I started building the Alpine County in the summer of 2011 with the aim of making a world that had everything my Sims might need during their lifetime without having to move to another world. I wanted to build something that had enough variety so that as the family grew into their various life stages, they could all find somewhere nearby that suited them. Hopefully you will find a neighbourhood in Alpine County that suits your Sims 🙂
Although there is a county in the US named Alpine County, this world is not a copy of it. It instead is a hybrid mixture of several of my favourite places, with a predominately American theme:
– Texas. The world uses a lot of Texan style McMansions and terrain.
– Virginia. The sprawling suburbs and shopping malls, although common in much of the US, were copied from my visits to Virginia.
– California. The golf course and some of the shopping Malls use Californian architecture.
– Florida. The beaches and tropical resort have a little bit of inspiration from the Sunshine State 🙂
– Mallorca. (a Spanish Island in the Mediterranean Sea). The ocean and mountains are partially influenced by this, but not enough to make it look like a European country.
UPDATES: What’s New?
So since releasing the complete version I’ve made a few changes. For starters, the world is now populated! Secondly, I tidied the forest area and added more vegetation to make it look more realistic when you use the first person camera view. I’ve also reduced the amount of kiosks that require NCPs so that hopefully the world will run a bit smoother, and the bug that was stopping the house icons from appearing appears to be working now. There is also now a science center, so unless there is anything else – enjoy! (unfortunately there will never be dive lots as the water is too shallow and can’t be made any deeper).
All of the Sims families in the world are taken from EA worlds, but I have given all of them some plastic surgery to de-pudding their faces and mixed it up a bit so that they will look and behave like brand new Sims that you have never met before 🙂
The world, as the name suggests, is a county and not just a town. It’s split into several neighbourhoods, which are:
- Downtown – this is the city center where all the clubs and skyscrapers are.
- Commercial District – a sprawling suburban shopping district with giant Malls, restaurants, gyms and car parks everywhere
- Gated Community – this is an exclusive neighbourhood containing giant McMansions in secluded part of town
- Colonial Community – a cluster of middle class suburban houses
- Affordable housing – cheap houses in cosy neighbourhood
- Golf Course – A Californian themed housing development with spa and hotel facilities, and a golf course too 😉
- Farmland – out of town farms in a rural setting
- Large Forest & Lake – self explanatory
- Abandoned village – a Victorian themed village which has been left to decay since it’s residents disappeared.
- Tropical resort – away from the rest of the city is a small tropical resort by the sea.
So if you move one of your Sims to this world, he or she can grow up on a farm in the country, then move to the city as a young adult, start a family in the suburbs, get a job promotion and buy a bigger house in a gated community, go on vacation to a seaside hotel or camping by the lake in the forest, go on adventure exploring an abandoned village, divorce and move into a modern apartment nearby a huge commercial district, remarry and move to live by the sea, and then retire in a Californian style housing development on a golf course. All the while, the rest of you family can spread out across Alpine County and live their own unique lifestyle, making a big family reunion more far more interesting!
Special thanks to those who helped build lots specifically designed for Alpine County:
Some of the lots in the world were taken from other worlds, so special credit to:
I also used a few lots from the exchange, some I downloaded a long time ago and cannot find it’s original creator, but when I do I will add them to the list as they deserve credit for their awesome creations: bbordewyk, estyle36, ruthless_kk, susanna827
And a big thank you to all the Beta testers who helped spot any issues prior to the worlds release so hopefully you won’t encounter any 🙂
File size: 169 MB
The world is HUGE and unfortunately will only really be playable on high end computers, although it may work on less powerful ones with the graphics turned down.
Requires all EPs up to Island Paradise, and for your game to be up to date. However, the world will still run fine without Supernatural and University installed, but it won’t look the same as in the photos! If you don’t have any of the other EPs installed, then assume the world won’t work for you.
The world does not use any Custom Content, Store Content or Stuff Packs.